My Guide Website?
Death Valley & Rhyolite Ghost Town Day Trip
Las Vegas Strip https://www.myguidelasvegas.com/events/death-valley-rhyolite-ghost-town-day-trip
From Las Vegas: Death Valley & Rhyolite Ghost Town Day Trip
- Encounter one of the harshest, hottest and most unique landscapes in the USA
- Admire panoramic views over the dramatic Death Valley from Zabriskie Point
- Learn about the history of the area during the gold rush and borax boom
- Wander the desolate streets of Rhyolite, the well-preserved ghost town
- Gaze out over the Mojave Desert as you drive out of Death Valley National Park
DescriptionEmbark on a day trip from Las Vegas to Death Valley. Explore a harsh landscape of dunes, canyons, and volcanic craters. Learn about the history of the area as you pass the Harmony Borax Works and Zabriskie Point. Visit the ghost town of Rhyolite, inhabited for only 12 years during the gold rush. After pickup, drive out to Death Valley National Park with your guide. At over 3 million acres, the park is host to some of the country’s driest, hottest, and harshest conditions. Experience a unique landscape of mountains, canyons, and colorful rocks, and admire panoramic views at Zabriskie Point. Pass the Harmony Borax Works and learn about the important role the industry played in the history of Death Valley. Reach the ghost town of Rhyolite, inhabited for a short time between 1904 and 1916. Explore its now desolate buildings and infrastructure that sprung up during a gold rush boom. Enjoy stunning views over the Mojave Desert to the south as you drive out of Death Valley. Make your way back to Las Vegas, where you will be dropped off to end the day trip.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation Tour Unlimited drinks National Park permit
- The tour duration and viewpoint may be changed or extended depending on weather or traffic conditions One standard-size carry-on bag (10”x11”x18”) and one personal item (ex. purse or camera bag) are allowed per person. Extra luggage cannot be transported This tour can have a maximum of 10 travelers Please confirm the pickup locations with hotel staff the day before your trip and arrive at the pickup location on time for your trip. There will be no refund if a customer is late or misses the tour