My Guide Website?
Hoover Dam & Lake Mead: Self-Guided Audio Tour1 Reviews
Explore the iconic Hoover Dam and nearby Lake Mead on a self-guided GPS audio tour. Learn about the history of this engineering marvel, visit stunning viewpoints, and even make stops in Vegas!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Las Vegas:If youʻre booking your trip to Las Vegas last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a selfie at the “Welcome to Las Vegas Sign”
- Walk across The Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge
- Drop-dead gorgeous view of Lake Mead.
- Picnic tables where you can eat with amazing views surrounding you.
- Check out the Little White Wedding Chapel
DescriptionIntroducing the ultimate way to explore the iconic Hoover Dam and stunning Lake Mead - our self-guided audio driving tour! This immersive tour is designed to guide you through the history and landmarks of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead with the convenience and flexibility of your own vehicle. You'll gain insight into the fascinating history and engineering of the Hoover Dam, as well as the natural beauty and wildlife of Lake Mead. Throughout your drive, you'll have the freedom to stop and explore at your own pace, taking in the stunning scenery and snapping photos of the unforgettable views. And with our detailed directions and insider tips, you'll be sure to see all the must-see spots and hidden gems along the way. Things you'll experience on the tour: • Museum with interactive displays and exhibits. • A park that is something you’d picture in a watercolor painting. • Walk along the top of the dam and marvel at the breathtaking views of the Colorado River. • Take a scenic cruise on Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the United States. • Rent a kayak, paddleboard, or jet ski and explore the crystal-clear waters of Lake Mead. • Have a picnic at one of the designated areas near Lake Mead. • Iconic Las Vegas wedding chapel, featured in so many movies and TV shows. So if you're looking for an unforgettable way to experience the wonder and beauty of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead turn your phone into a personal guide and take our self-guided driving tour!
IncludesRedeem Code to claim your purchase via Shaka Guide App Listen to Authentic Stories — Connect to the places you visit through storytelling. Freedom to Explore — You choose where to stop on the tour and how long to stay. Reliable Location-Based Audio — The app uses GPS to trigger audio narration that plays automatically as you drive. Offline Map — The app works completely offline. No Wi-Fi or data needed. Get turn-by-turn directions to popular sights and lesser-known gems. Tour highlights with activity and restaurant recommendations. Lifetime Access — Tours never expire. Reliable Support — Email or get quick answers to your questions with the messenger app!
- The tour is a large loop, returning along the same road you started on. We suggest you plan to spend the full-day touring if you want to visit all 14 stops. The earlier the start, the easier things are, and the less traffic. Las Vegas is crowded. We recommend you stop at downtown Boulder City for supplies. You’ll go through a Nevada Security Checkpoint upon approach to Hoover Dam. All vehicles are subject to inspection. Hoover Dam is open daily from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. (except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day). The entrance fee for Lake Mead (paid at the Fee Booth between the Visitor Center stop and the Boulder Beach stop) is $25 per vehicle, good for 7 consecutive days.