My Guide Website?
Las Vegas: Discovering King Tut’s Tomb Exhibit at the Luxor7 Reviews
Discover King Tut’s Tomb in this immersive virtual experience at the Luxor. Go on an adventure as you learn about ancient Egypt's history, culture, and people.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Las Vegas:If youʻre booking your trip to Las Vegas last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Las Vegas: Big Bus Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Tour
- From Las Vegas: Zion and Bryce Canyon Day Trip with Pickup
- From Las Vegas: Death Valley Day Tour
- Vegas: Hoover Dam Ultimate Tour with Lunch and Comedy Show
- LA: San Francisco, Yosemite, Vegas, & Hoover Dam 5-Day Trip
- Immerse yourself in history with a virtual tour of King Tutankhamen's tomb
- Marvel at the assortment of ancient Egyptian artifacts discovered in the tomb
- Follow in the footsteps of the world-famous archaeologist Howard Carter
- Gain a wealth of insights into the history and culture of ancient Egypt
- Admire painstakingly reproduced replicas of the treasures of King Tut's tomb
DescriptionExperience the world of King Tut in this immersive virtual experience. Learn about ancient Egypt with the 'Discovering King Tut's Tomb' exhibit at the Luxor. Follow the footsteps of Howard Carter on his greatest adventure. Marvel at the beautiful art and artifacts found in the tomb and learn about ancient Egyptian history, culture, and people. This unique experience will take you back to one of history’s most important discoveries, 100 years after Howard Carter made it. Gain insight into the archaeology of ancient Egypt as you step inside one of the world’s greatest historic events: the 1922 discovery of King Tutankhamun’s tomb. For nearly 100 years now, Tutankhamun and his tomb have served as symbols of the excitement of discovery. Now, The Discovery of King Tut presents this fascinating subject in an entirely new way. Using media and objects, the exhibition reconstructs the magnificent burial site down to the finest detail, creating an immersive experience that sets new standards in museology. In the first area of this two-part exhibition, travel back thousands of years to the time of King Tutankhamun. Take in a wealth of information about the wider culture of ancient Egypt, and gain insights into the Egyptians’ belief in the afterlife. Then, follow the story of Howard Carter as he worked to uncover the lost tomb of King Tutankhamun. Experience for yourself the challenges and triumphs of one of history’s most significant archaeological discoveries. Have the chance to step inside a fully three-dimensional, astonishingly accurate recreation of the excavation site, the legendary tomb, and its treasures exactly as they were at the moment of their discovery. Experience a historic scene only ever witnessed by Howard Carter and a handful of others. Using painstakingly produced replicas created by expert Egyptian craftsmen in consultation with renowned Egyptologists, The Discovery of King Tut allows you to enjoy these priceless Egyptian treasures without ever harming the fragile originals. With the 2022 centenary of Howard Carter’s momentous discovery fast approaching, there has never been a better time to revisit the story of Tutankhamun.
IncludesEntry to 'Discovering King Tut's Tomb' exhibit
- This experience is open daily from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm,
- Last admission is at 7:00 pm
- Guests under eighteen (18) must be accompanied by an adult
- Children ages three (3) and under are free (no ticket required)