My Guide Website?
From Las Vegas: Hoover Dam Tour Experience87 Reviews
Take a tour from Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam, one of the engineering marvels of the modern world. On this half-day tour you’ll spend 2 hours at the Dam learning about its construction and operation, and get an up-close look at the new bypass bridge.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Las Vegas:If youʻre booking your trip to Las Vegas last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the mighty Hoover Dam and the amazing Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge World
- Preview the construction movie and take a tour of the giant Turbine complex
- Experience close-up views by visiting the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge lookout
- Take in views of Lake Mead, the largest manmade lake in the Western Hemisphere
- Pass the Winged Figures of the Republic, the penstocks, and the outflow valves
- Soak in all of the area's glory as you make a stop at a panoramic lookout point
DescriptionTake an excursion from Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam, which has long been known as one of the engineering wonders of the world. When the Hoover Dam was completed in 1935 it was both the world's largest electric power-producing facility and the world's largest concrete structure. Currently, it ranks as the world's 34th-largest hydroelectric generating station. During the half-day tour, you’ll be able to view the 17 main turbines that generate a maximum of 2,074 megawatts of hydroelectric power. You’ll also take in views of the Dam and Lake Mead from the Arizona Lookout Point, the best viewing spot in the area. You also get an up-close look at the newly opened Hoover Dam bypass bridge, which is a modern feat of engineering, soaring 900 feet above the Colorado River. This bridge is the longest and tallest arch bridge in the western hemisphere. Later, enjoy a spectacular vista of the Mike O'Callahan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, which opened in 2010 and stretches nearly 2,000 feet in length. Please note that this is not the Hard Hat Tour of the Hoover Dam.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Professional driver/guide Bottled water Hoover Dam tour Breakfast snack: Banana, Belvita crackers and small muffin
- Please note that this is currently an exterior tour; the Generator Room is currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions