My Guide Website?
Hoover Dam & Red Rock: An Unforgettable Self-Guided Tour1 Reviews
Discover the majestic Hoover Dam and the stunning landscape of Red Rock Canyon with this pair of self-guided driving tours, featuring unbelievable history, incredible vistas, and much, much more!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Las Vegas:If youʻre booking your trip to Las Vegas last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk or drive across the top of the Hoover Dam itself
- Learn about the wild rise of Las Vegas
- Find out just how dangerous building the Hoover Dam really was
- Discover the breathtaking scenery of Red Rock Canyon
- Unravel the mysteries of ancient petroglyphs and pictographs
DescriptionStart by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map all in one. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! Once downloaded, your Hoover Dam tour begins at the enchanting Bellagio Fountain in the heart of Las Vegas. Roll down the strip and dig into the city’s wild past, replete with gambling, feuding, and backstabbing. Then cruise out toward the Hoover Dam and learn about the powerful Colorado River and the early efforts to control it. Plus, get to know the infamous Frank Crowe, who spearheaded the dam-building project. Stop for scenic views at the Lake Mead Viewpoint, then hear about the Colorado River Compact and the struggle to distribute this precious resource. Take an optional detour to the Historical Railroad Hiking Trail, which follows the path of old and now decommissioned railroad tracks. Or visit the Lakeview Overlook for further views of Lake Mead’s splendor. As you near the Hoover Dam, you’ll stop at Boulder Dam Bridge Overlook, offering an unparalleled view of the dam. Then, choose between driving across the dam or parking to walk along its mighty rim. Finally, you’ll arrive at the Hoover Dam Lookout, for another great look at this massive structure. Your tour concludes here. Your Red Rock Canyon Tour starts at the park entrance on the outskirts of Las Vegas. From there, you’ll head to the Calico Hills, mounds of hard, red rock that were once shifting sand dunes! You’ll then proceed to the Sandstone Quarry Overlook, where miners once harvested sandstone. Find out what made Red Rock Canyon’s sandstone so valuable and unique. Then hear about the plentiful wildlife you might encounter during your visit and how to spot them! Hear about battles between conservationists and developers, and discover how the conservation zone that protects the canyon was created. Next, stop at High Point Overlook, the highest point on the tour at 4,780 feet above sea level! If you want a detour, you can visit the petroglyphs and pictographs at Petroglyph Wall. They’re thought to be over 800 years old! Then swing past the Ice Box Canyon Trail, a trail flanked by narrow cliff walls that make it much, much cooler than the surrounding desert. Next is the Red Rock Wash Overlook, a haven for birdwatchers. Then learn more about the canyon’s fossils. Find out that what could be the oldest land animal fossil was discovered here! Finally, you’ll reach Red Rock Canyon Overlook, where your tour concludes.
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy only one tour per car. Don’t hassle with “per person” bus tickets. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Driving tours: Use one tour per car and connect to the car speakers.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.