My Guide Website?
Nevada: A Comprehensive Self-Guided Audio Tour Bundle
Unearth the daunting, yet triumphant story of the Hoover Dam’s creation, then explore the wonders of Lake Mead, Valley of Fire, and Red Rock Canyon with this bundle of self-guided driving tours.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Las Vegas:If youʻre booking your trip to Las Vegas last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the ingenuity behind the construction of the Hoover Dam
- Learn about Boulder City and its workers’ toil and tribulations
- See breathtaking multicolored rock formations along the cliffs of Lake Mead
- Find ancient petroglyphs and pictographs from centuries ago
- Witness the jaw-dropping landscape of Red Rock Canyon
DescriptionThis bundle contains three tours: Vegas to the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and Red Rock Canyon. Start by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map all in one. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! Note: This 74-mile-long tour covers the essentials of Lake Mead in 3-4 hours. Your journey to the Hoover Dam begins on the Las Vegas Strip. Driving through the Las Vegas Valley, uncover the city's wild beginnings, from its inception as a modest railway town to an early gambling hub. Learn how the Hoover Dam helped Las Vegas survive! View the Colorado River and relive the fights to contain its power. Pass through Boulder City, established specifically for the Hoover Dam construction, and find out about the brutal conditions its workers endured. Stop by Lake Mead Viewpoint for wondrous views of the lake born from the Hoover Dam. If you like, you can walk the Historic Railroad Hiking Trail, along a long defunct railroad line. Move onto the Lakeview Overlook, another great vantage point that highlights Lake Mead's grandeur. Then pause at the Boulder Dam Bridge Overlook for an awe-inspiring view of the Hoover Dam. Finally, drive across the dam or stop and walk along the impressive rim! Your tour ends at the Hoover Dam Lookout on the dam’s far side. For Lake Mead, your tour begins at the visitor center. You’ll get tales of geological history, while observing colorful rock formations. Learn how Native tribes used the river for survival and pass the hot springs which Paleo-Indians believed sacred. Learn about John Wesley Powell, Elwood Mead, and other essential figures in the region’s history as you drive. Step back in time and feel the devastating impacts of the Imperial Valley Disaster, then hear about a different kind of disaster as you behold the Hamblin-Cleopatra Volcano. Hear about the diverse animals which thrive in this harsh climate, such as mountain lions and Gila Monsters, then drive to the famous Valley of Fire State Park, where your tour will conclude. In Red Rock Canyon, start at the visitor center. From there, you’ll delve into Red Rock’s unique sandstone formations, like the amazing Calico Hills. Hear about fights between conservation and development in the area as you drive, then visit petroglyphs and pictographs over 800 years old! Pass the Ice Box Canyon trail, where narrow canyon walls block out the sun! Learn about the canyon’s famed fossils, including one thought to be the oldest land animal ever found in Nevada! The tour ends at the panoramic Red Rock Canyon Overlook. This is the perfect bundle to enhance any trip to the southwest!
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy only one tour per car. Don’t hassle with “per person” bus tickets. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Driving tours: Use one tour per car and connect to the car speakers.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.