My Guide Website?
From Las Vegas: 4-Day Hiking and Camping in Joshua Tree
Discover one of the most serene and surreal landscapes in the American West on a winter hiking and backcountry camping trip in Joshua Tree National Park.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Las Vegas:If youʻre booking your trip to Las Vegas last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Have a wonderful outdoor experience while you enjoy comforts like showers
- Explore Joshua Tree National Park – hike some most iconic and classic treks
- Climb to the top of one of the monoliths surrounding camp to greet the morning
- Hike to the summit of Ryan Mountain and take in stunning 360-degree summit views
- Enjoy on hearty food, good company, and a campfire beneath the sky
DescriptionJoshua Tree National Park where billion-year-old rocks loom above the surrounding desert, and expansive Joshua Tree “forests” blanket broad valleys. In the mornings and evenings, it feels more like a savannah than a desert, with Joshua Trees framing the horizon at the edge of the Mojave desert. Admire Joshua Tree’s must-see features like desert oases and soaring summits and gather around the well-stoked campfires at a basecamp in the heart of Joshua Tree National Park. • Day 1: Joshua Tree National Park After a morning hotel pickup in Las Vegas, take a scenic drive through sparsely populated desert expanses, picking up additional group members at the Oasis Visitor Center along the way, then drive into the heart of the park to reach Sheep Pass Campground. After lunch, hike to the summit of Ryan Mountain and take in stunning 360-degree summit views of granite rock piles that seem to melt into the surrounding plateau. Returning to camp, enjoy a delicious campfire dinner and admire the sparkling stars of the Milky Way overhead. • Day 2: Joshua Tree National Park After breakfast, visit the Teddy Bear Cholla Garden then make your way to today’s main hike: The Lost Palms Oasis. Sustained by water seeping up through fault lines, five oases can be found within Joshua Tree National Park, and today you will visit two of them. Meander over arroyos and through sandy smoke tree washes to reach the park’s largest group of California Fan Palms where you will enjoy lunch. From here, hike back to the trailhead, soaking in views to the south of California’s largest lake, the Salton Sea, and perhaps take an additional hike to Arch Rock. • Day 3: Joshua Tree National Park Soak in the sight of Joshua trees silhouetted against the break of day, or climb to the top of one of the monoliths surrounding camp to greet the morning before our first group hike of the day to Barker Dam. Admire the petroglyphs, learn about the Native American history of the area, and listen to tall tales from the days of gold mining and cattlemen before you head to another part of the Wonderland of Rocks: The Maze. This trail will take you through spires, granite monoliths, and rock formations to a grand finale of breathtaking views of the national park. Returning back to camp, enjoy one last evening of hearty food, good company, and a campfire beneath the desert sky. • Day 4: Joshua Tree National Park After breakfast, break down camp and head to Hidden Valley, an ecological haven with incredibly diverse flora. Conditions permitting, you will then scramble through one or more of Indian Cove’s finest remote hollows. After soaking in the astounding landscape and enjoying one last lunch together, bid farewell to any group members departing directly from the park then embark on a scenic drive back to Las Vegas where your trip will come to an end.
IncludesMeals: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners Transport: Private vehicle Accommodation: Camping (3 nights) Included activities: Ryan Mountain climb, Teddy Bear Cholla Garden visit, The Lost Palms Oasis hike, Arch Rock hike, Barker Dam hike, The Maze hike, Hidden Valley hike, Shuttle to Las Vegas
- This is a walking trip so a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
- A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed.
- A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
- Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.